NOVEDADES / NEWS

NOVEDADES / NEWS
Click!!!

ULTIMAS NOVEDADES

sábado, 8 de marzo de 2008

Interview - VANMAKT

English text

Vanmakt
Martín: Hello! First of all tell us in few lines the story of your band.

Gorgoth: Hey! Well, we started of like a 2 man band on 06 with me (Gorgoth) and Vladr as bassplayer. A couple of songs were made and we recorded the demo “Diaboli Iubeo, Para Vindicta” that gave us a record-deal at Pulverised Records. In the meantime we had been talking to some old bandmates about joining Vanmakt, and Aamoth & Gráal was added to the lineup. We recorded “Vredskapta Mörkersagor” in the beggining of 2007 and the rest you know!

M: Your last album “Vredskapta Mörkersagor” has a cold and technical sounding. How was the process of recording the album? Were you looking for this sound?

G: We wanted to do something different from every other Black Metal band, and well, this is how it turned out. During the recording we tried out some different sounds but this one did the best for the songs. You cant really say that we were looking for this sound, I mean, we recorded the album ourselves and I mixed it, and this is how it turned out, but we r satisfied of course. The process was great, i lived at Vladr for a couple of weeks since we recorded everything in his basement, and we had a blast! Some friends joined up and we had some beer, Jack Daniels, watched movies and just took it easy. If theres something we dont want to do it is to rush things in the studio. But at the same time Gráal just got 2 weeks to rehearse the songs before we entered the studio, so he has done an amazing job!

M: Which are the diferences between the 2006 demo and this debut album?

G: The album has a better structure and I guess the songs is better. While I was writing the songs for “Vredskapta Mörkersagor” I was thinking about what I didn´t like on the demo and what I wanted to add, so for me its a big step towards better songs! The songs on the album can really be played live you know, and thats one thing I worked on alot with the album songs, that we should be able to play everything live.

M: What feeling do you want to transmit with your music?

G: If you listen to the album and feels something, either its wrath, hatred or despair, then I have done my job. It´s difficult to say really since everyone got different feelings for different music. Of course I want everyone to be pissed of and hate the christian society, but at the same time it would be an honour for me if someone commited suicide to my music. That means that they really enjoy it. So Im good either way.

M: What is the main concept in your lyrics?

G: As I see it we are at war with the christian church and their belief, the lyrical content contains my view of how we should fight back, but written in a fictional style. For an example we have the 2 Swedish songs that handles the christian indoctrination of our ancestors. Sweden became a “official” christian country in 1085 and in those lyrics were playing with the thought that we fought back and won the war, so that we never became slaves under their chains. In other lyrics we have a more usual Satanic aproach regarding the opening of Lucifers gate so that all the Demons of hell will arive to Earth and crush the church. Over all its just Satanic propaganda in a time of christian slavery.

M: Where do you find the inspiration to create a new song?

G: Everywhere. I just have to look through the window or watch the news to get inspiration to write. One thing I also use when Im writing songs is my past life, and my hatred and grief over what is lost and what never will be again. I let these feelings absorbe me and then I start writing. Usually I don´t remeber what I have done when Im writing music cause I´m getting in some kind of “trance” or some sick shit. So I always have to learn the songs over again when I´m done.

M: Are you interested in the visual part of the music: artworks, videos, live performances...?

G: Yes, its important for me that the visual fits the music. If you look really hard at our cover you will find alot of things that is also found in the lyrics and the concept of the album. When were playing live I like to use blood and read from the bible, I mean, theres so much bullshit in the bible and theres alot of “Satanic” people out there that hasnt even read the book. So I´m trying to find some good pages that shows how fucked up that book is, I read them, scream a bit, and tares the shit apart. I would like to burn a bible on stage, but Im afraid that the stage will be on fire as well, and thats not so good.

But were gonna cut the “Corpse-Paint” for the new album, its just fuckin ridiculous. I mean, your trying to spread the Satanic word and at the same time be true to yourself as a real Satanist should be, and your using fuckin makeup!! Such bullshit, so were gonna stop using that crap and let the ones that dont have the guts to show themselves keep on using it. But I will still use the blood! I love blood, if I could I would do as Mayhem and have cadavers on stage, but that would be boring since they have already done that. But its a really cool effect for the audience, and when everything ends up we r on stage for those who stands in the audience, and then we will give them a hell of a show!

M: I suppose you are working in new stuff. Can you tell us about the new songs?

G: Faster, harder, more melodic, better and fuckin brutal! The new album will be massive!
Were actually rehearsing the new songs at the moment, and it sounds awesome! There´s so much more hatred in the new songs that I have a problem with writing the lyrics haha
We will try 2 new songs live for the first time in May when we will headline a small festival here at home! That will be bloody great!

M: Sweden is one of the most important countries about Death Metal and Black Metal. Does people in your country really support these styles or it´s still in the underground?

G: The thing is that theres alot of people listening to the music and alot of really good bands, both signed and unsigned. But its still very underground, we got no hardrock radiostations, no good venues that have alot of gigs. I mean, look at Oslo in Norway, they have 3-4 metal gigs a week! Im lucky if I can catch 3-4 good gigs in one year. The problem is that noone goes to the gigs, except when its like some really big band playing, but when the smaller bands play theres noone there, and that sucks.

M: Thank you very much for your time. Here you have space to write what you want as farewell.

G: Thanks for your support! I would like to tell everyone that you should buy our record and of course! Dont bloody miss us when were playing a gig near you! Hail Lucifer!

http://www.myspace.com/vanmakt
http://www.vanmakt.com

No hay comentarios: